A welcome note..


Thursday, May 5, 2011

In The Name Of My Cat,,

When I first thought to keep a cat it was just to cheer my mother up..to make her forget the kitten that she adopted in our previous residence before we shifted and who got killed by a street dog...mean dogs! i hate them...


And when i was gifted a cute little one month old kitten by my friend, I had no idea how deep and penetrating this experience would be...a life time experience actuly..I touched her and I knew em gonna fall for her ...


We named her Kitty...funny name ! rite? who calls a kitty KITTY! WELL we do and we have a reason too..
when we were selecting all those 'high profile" , "In fashion" names for her...my simple mother told us straight that she aint gonna call her with any of those stupid names and that we should come up with something more simple ...we decided to give her a temporaray nam till then..and kept on calling her Kitty which ended up as her only name....


She proved to be one puckish cat! very very puckish  actuly who could leave you sleepless in the long winter nights just becouse she dint feel like sleeping and wanted to play so  she would jump on us..make us scream...and do these unbelievable things...


I dont knw how and when but she got attached with me..and I found maself babysitting her 24/7..and all my married plus non - married friends jockingly sying that you are actuly on a TRAINING COURSE! and you want to make sure you know how to look after kids before you decide to have one! well dats true..kindda true.....my  companionship with my cat bestowed other lessons too ...


It made me realise how much our parents love us and we just never know that , niether do we value that until and unless you have the same feelings for someone else ,that is in most cases your kids, and in my case its my cat as I am still single ..


We had some issues since we adopted this , biggest of them was my brother's disapproval ..he said he hates cats and later on we discoverd its not dismise only he is scared of them too.....he never liked kitty despite of our bestest efforts to make them go along well....but still we managed to keep her with us for like whole  7 months before my mother said enough to the daily fights over "why your cat went in my room? or why your cat is in the tv lounge when I am having my lunch here" ....so we dicided to give her away..




A family was approached who wanted to have a cat and they came and took her..end of story?
not really!! It was acttuly beginning of something more strong between our cat and us...after she left we all were dejected and thought  the feeling will go away..but it did not...by the night it was worst..it felt as if we have lost one of our family member..I even cried that night and could not sleep and cursed the moment I brought that kitten in the house...


Day second was even worst...and Day third was a disaster! Day fourth my sister went straight from her office to their home and told them that we want her back..we want our cat back! and there she was..imprisoned in a very small cage.. with swollen eyes and injured nose..they said their cats had a little fight with her the day she arrived there...


The moment she got back , she instantly moved towards her room..A strange thing for cats to do..they say cats cant remember the old place after shifting to the new one plus cats dont love and remember their owners....Duh! wrong!!!! cats ,not only, remember the place but their owner too..If they are truly in love with you they will never forget you,,,and em not plainly stating a things I have proofs of it..its the same cat that I am talking about...that was not the only time we gave her away...we had to give her away three more times and each time she came back to us .....it felt as if she kept praying to get back to us ..it was not us only ..she is equally in love with us...I am writing this blog after she got back to us for the FOURTH TIME!!!! 
After more then 20 days and guess what! she still remembers me ! she used to sleep on my bed..used to sleep and wake up with me...her whole day was set according to my routine..she was with me like 24/7 ..one of my friends ,an expert on pets, told me there is no way she will remember you once she is out of your place. becouse its the place that cat loves and not the owner..well! I am in a position to challenge this now:-)
she not only remembers me but loves me back in the same way she used to do when she was with me..


My cat taught me how to value love..though I am single yet and i dont really know how its like to be a mother but there is one thing that I surely know..and that is the way our parents love us..the way they care for us..specially daughters..I never thought how difficult even the thought of giving away one of your kids to some stranger for whatsoever reason..and i know this know...thankz to my kitty that now I value the love of my parents even more..thankz to her that now I know what its like to be a mother before time...:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it or Hate it but Dont you dare Ignore it;p Do say something..I don't fear Criticism so you can say whatever you want to say!