A welcome note..


Monday, April 9, 2012

Getting Nostalgic


This Post wont take much of your time so do read it full..I was doing watching this sitcom on TV that was based on the idea of Hostel Life and how things are back In University Life.That brought out some really funny memories,one of them so strong that I had to get here to write that.

That was my first year of LLB In Punjab University,Lahore.We had just arrived in Hostels and after those hectic initial days of how you get to know people there,try to talk to them,choose your friends,go to the class for the first time,make a list of books and notes and then go to markets.New Place,new rules,new everything and there I found myself standing in between all this, A girl from far off Area,A girl who dint know anything about big places,Who could not speak English,Who did not know how to put Lipstick on.Who did not even do her Eye-brows and whose dressing sense was enough to tell where she came from.

I still remember the first day in Hostel.My father and Mother drove me to Lahore all the way from The Lower Punjab.That was some 12 hours Driving.I had fallen seriously sick a few days back and I still was not feeling well.My parents were worried like hell about me.My Father did the Documentation and all and they stayed with me all day long.Then the moment came when they had to leave.I can still remember the moment and it send a shiver down my spines every time.My throat was blocked,I could hardly speak.I stood there with tears in my eyes watching my parents going away,Then i looked around and I felt like running behind them.Faces and Faces every where and not  a single face that was familiar to me.I sat in a corner,kept sitting there unless somebody came and asked me to go for my dinner.I can never forget the feeling,I wanted to talk to the people around me and i was too scared to do that  and the worst part was when Any of them tried to talk to me, I couldn't speak back.I had a Blocked throat remember! 

Khair That time passed soon,I made some great friends.College was started.It was Ramadan just after a week that we started going to College and it felt horrible.No Mom-Made sehri and No Yummy Atari.That Ramadan had no taste.No time for Ibadit.We hardly managed our Prayers and felt so bad about it.

So it was Friday that day,We got back from College as tired as we used to be everyday and were about to crash on our beds when somebody knocked on our doors.it was some senior girl from the other wing and she told us that they had arranged Salwat ul Tasbeeh (A special kind of prayers that is offered in general too but In Particular in Ramadan) Now all my Room-Mates had crashed already and refused to go while I,still standing in the door, told her I will come.Now it was not a good idea I knew even then.As I was tired and sleepy but then I thought I will be fine when I will wash my face off.

I went downstairs in the prayer room and after the Zuhar Prayers,Salwat ul Tasbeeh was started.The prayer room was full.I was focusing on the prayer and I thought I did well until something happened.In salwat ul tasbeeh you stand and you bent and you go in Sajdah for long periods of time then usual..what I remember was that I went for first sajdah just fine but it was second Sajdah that changed my whole prayers.I put my head in Sajdah,was saying my prayers and then all of a sudden everything went blank.I have no idea for how long that blankness Prevailed,all  I know is I just opened my eyes and I was in Sajdah..I tried to think where I was and then I tried to see my surrounding without changing my position and I found myself alone there..I mean no one was there..Then I focused hard and I saw people standing.and i was like SHOOT ME!! .ummm yes Ladies and gentlemen, I had Dozed off right in middle of those Prayers and God knows for how long! the rest of the prayer room was standing in Qiyyam while I was the only one In sajdah! I stayed there for like a bit while thinking WHAT TO DO..WHAT TO DO..WHAT TO DO..!Then I told meself..Bhag Lay baita nai tou bohat buri honi hai!;p I stood up slowly and walked out of the room before the crowd is done with their prayers and want to know who that Sleeping Girl was! 

I got back in room,landed on my bed,slept for like 3 hours.We all woke up in the evening and I just wanted to forget the incident,had no plans to tell that to anyone.But Guess what ! My roomies heard somebody in the mess talking about HOW A GIRL DOZED OFF IN SAJADAH IN PRAYER ROOM today and they came to me laughing their heads off and said WE KNOW IT WAS YOU! Yeah LOL..FRIENDS!!! 

Good Old days..I miss them..I miss everything about those days and I have got lot of crazy stuff from those days that I would love to write here.I will do that under The Title of "Getting Nostalgic" from now on.Don't Miss any of my post under this Title Peoples or My University Tales will haunt you where ever you go!

Addiotional Note:
I want to have Guests Posts on My page and Those who are interested please Contact me on my email:mishilicious@hotmail.com
I know I have readers who just read and never write and I would love to have them writing on my page.Anybody Interested in welcome:-)

54 comments:

  1. so hehe,
    It was so funny that I jumped off my chair onto the bed & jumped from my bed on the floor & jumped from the floor into the hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. achi bat hai..I wanted you to be there since long!:P

      Delete
    2. Bhag Lay baita nai tou bohat buri honi hai!;p To abi kon sy apki neend thek hui ho ge :) well hostel life is Part of Golden memories of us with friends ...and those days made us strong and a good person.

      Waisay buri to phir b hui ho gee :)

      Delete
    3. Yup..Good Old days! miss them so much...and no..koi khas buri nai howi..they were just my friends..they made jokes abt it for some days phir bhool gaie:)

      Delete
    4. Achi dost hain jo bhol gain main hota to abi tk yad kerwata :)

      Nice theme and a bright change :)

      Keep it up ...

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha.
    Aww, now I'm remembering my school days :D I passed out last year.
    In my state, after 10th, that is when board exams you give when you're 16/17, we have college in the 11th and 12th year.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..collge days are one that anybody can relate to ..its the same every where,,fun fun and fun:)

      Delete
  3. amazing stuff.. loved it.. its was lyk happenin front of me :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! College and school will haunt us forever for the rest of our lives. I've excelled at sleeping in the lectures and otherwise too. Miss it all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mishi,

    Good to see you back and with such a hilarious post. School and college memories are so full of fun. I am sure God understood how tired you were and made you have little rest at that time.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Uncle Jack:-) sorry I have really been busy..will write you soon inshaALLAH

      Delete
  6. The experience of hostel life will always haunt( both positively & negatively) those who have lived it and also those who haven't. I spent me hostel life in lahore school of economics,lahore and its just not possible to mention the crazy stuff that i witnessed there in this comment box. All I can say is that our batch was the last of its kind and the admin stopped accommodating boys in hostel after we gave them a hell of a time :P

    btw i still can't believe you dozed off at such crucial time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeh I did..I always was this touchy about having my sleeo:p

      Delete
  7. this is my third attempt to write a comment here but for some reason there comes a deadly jealous interruption; and all goes down the tube.
    You have posted a nice little funny past.
    Becoming a sajda potato takes you closest to God-- so nothing to worry about.
    Like the way you presented everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOrry about the trouble my page gave you...and thank you for making me feel good abt it.I felt bad when I thot abt it..dozzing off in namaz sounds a bit weird na

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. "BERRAY BAY AABROO HO KER TAIRAY KOOCHAY SAY NIKLAY"

      Mishi, I stayed in your city for almost three weeks, MAGR HUM PHIR PERDAISY HO GAI.

      Completing taxation work before the dead line is my top priority currently.
      BTW: I used to go through my emails everyday but no communication from Mishi.
      Khuda ka shukr Hai key--I had funtime in Lahore especially while atteneding a waleema party where dhoola ki behan ki shaadi/nikah/rukhsati was scheduled as well but the jealous thunder shower uprooted the huge tent and before it fell on us we were out of it but we got real wet--story is long-- I have covered the scenario but didnot publish it yet for lack of time.

      Delete
    4. LOL..I can imagine! Something similr happened on my chacha's valeema..fit wala cen tha mazay ka;p yeh sorry about the mail..been busy..we are shifting so got lots of things to do..will write you soon inshaALLAH:-)

      Delete
  8. Haha! Mishi ki bachi, you got me there! I got so built up emotionally while reading your post. I was like, "is larki ki ibadat is out of this world, itna taveel sajda, and she passed out during sajda because kasrat e sajda" until I read the words where you said you slept lol. Welcome back and thanks for the lovely comment :) Do drop by my new lil blog
    http://tasteetales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe..Hai na?;p oki em on your new page now:)

      Delete
  9. First time here :-)
    Some times good old memories bring mixed feelings, but that is life and its memories like these that keep us going with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting..em Honored:)

      Delete
  10. good old days..nostalgic ..these are the treasures of life that make you happy and cheer you up time to time.
    ..its good to see you after long break..:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Harman:-) yes Long breaks are all em taking these days..hope you are doing fine:)

      Delete
  11. hope those old days come back... yaar ye kya pura din kaam karo aur dimag kharab karo... kya maza tha wo jine me...

    hey bakbak girl... how r u???? bhul gai hume ?? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol..nai rey...y would i? you are such a Cutie pie..cant forget you..*Flirting full time;p*

      Delete
  12. Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh you were in Law college PU? i was also there..i did LLB from there but never saw YOU :P

    its an amazing paradox...one always want to grow up and race into the future and when the time comes, one always long for the good old day...all the good and bad memories.... i wish i could write something :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaahhh!! That just is my types.. Can doze off anywhere. Friends = college = Fun = Masti..this post brought back some of those wonderful memories.. Nice one Mishi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are the king of writingz that make me want to read more and more..... I loveee yur blod :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. errr Sorry * BLOG *

    ReplyDelete
  17. he he he he :) I was also in PU.. but mine was in india chandigarh :) he he he

    good to see a post from you..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha ahan! nice to know.i dint know you guys have a PUNJAB UNIVERSITY too;p

      Delete
  18. Yes, this reminds me of my Friends Hostel life. They used to have fun all the time.Sleeping late at night and watching Movies, Doing Breakfast at 4am. Those were crazy days one can have.

    Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  19. :D plz write something new Soon, waitingggggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  20. hehehe ALLAH puchay ga tumhain! mishi moti! ;-p once same happened to me,i was in sajda during namaz e isha and got up in fajar. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot"
    For this is the very simple, just follow our blog, enter your Country, your blog url, and you will automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world to share with us the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in other countries people with similar passions.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    Please follow our blog is very appreciate
    Have a great day with the hope that you follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    To find out, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mishi,

    Please come back to present now.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack, she took off without letting us know. Let's hope for her early return.

      Delete
  23. job does not mean k old people ko bhool jao :@ banda kabhi kabhi blogger p hi ajata hai... hate you :@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is she still in Lahore or gone for seraiki sooba?

      Delete
    2. i think she want to become the governer of sarakiki sooba and campaigning that is why she has gone from blogger :(

      Mishi...sharam karo..wapis ajao ab tow... warna you will be disqualified form blogger... this is the last notice....

      Delete
    3. Israr,
      Maybe she is unwell.
      Let's pray for her wellness.

      Delete
  24. Mishi - everything allright? No posts from a long time. Hope you keeping good in health.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my web page; quantrim purchase

    ReplyDelete
  26. At this moment I am ready to do my breakfast, afterward
    having my breakfast coming over again to read further news.


    Feel free to surf to my weblog :: quantrim guarantee

    ReplyDelete

Love it or Hate it but Dont you dare Ignore it;p Do say something..I don't fear Criticism so you can say whatever you want to say!